Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another Milestone

Well, I hit another milestone yesterday - I jogged non-stop for 1 mile. That's right, I jogged at 5 miles per hour for 12 minutes straight! Honestly, I probably could have kept going, but dinner was just about ready and I needed a quick cool down. Oh, and this was after an hour of aerobics/body sculpting. I have never in my life jogged an entire mile- to be perfectly honest, I have probably never jogged a quarter mile (that is one lap around a track). Here is a picture of me after the jog- and no, that is not water on my upper chest.
So I decided to try a "green drink." I have read about them on some other blogs and decided I was going to try them - since I am all into trying new things lately. Basically, it is a smoothie that is made of fruits and veggies and usually has a green leafy vegetable in it, which makes it green. I made one on Saturday that we drank on Sunday - after having to go out and buy a new blender. It was a recipe that Dr. Oz did on Oprah. It had spinach, celery, ginger root, lemon and lime juice, and an apple. It wasn't horrible, but it definitely wasn't tasty either. We did drink the entire pitcher of it and it definitely kept me full for a while. I decided to try something a little different this morning. Last night I threw some different stuff together and this one turned out really good actually - okay so not really good as in a chocolate milkshake, but really good for getting spinach into me! Today's green drink consisted of 1 banana, some chocolate protein shake mix, some fat free vanilla yogurt, a branch (if that is what you want to call it) of kale and a handful of spinach. Here it is:
I am going to try some other vegetables tonight, maybe some zucchini because we have a bunch of it. I also purchased some brussel sprouts over the weekend that I am going to attempt to roast. We will see how those come out - I will let you know. They may end up in my green drink too!

I am going to leave you with some pictures and even a video from Sunday. I went to Pioneer waterland with my hubby and family. Got some cute pictures of the kids.






1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks fun. Anyway congratulations on the 1 mile jog. I don't think I could do that. I guess I'd better get some exercise in before Punta Cana or I will never be able to keep up with you and Kathy. AND LOOK AT THAT TICKER COUNTDOWN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete