Friday, July 10, 2009

TGIF!!!

I am so glad it is Friday - and so is my body! I worked out every single day this week and boy do I feel it. Today is my day of rest.

Monday - 10.5 mile bike ride (580 cals)
Tuesday - aerobics (550 cals)
Wednesday - we went to body sculpting rather than aerobics so I also got on the treadmill and jogged for about 15 minutes and walked 5 to get more cardio (680 cals)
Last night - aerobics. (550 cals)

Total calories burned - 2360

Whew, I am tired! I plan to go to aerobics in the a.m. which is an hour and a half. Last time I went I burned 820 calories! If it isn't raining, I would like to attempt a 20 mile ride as well. So, if all goes as planned, I should burn about 3980 calories for the week.

I have done really well with eating:

Monday - 1389 calories
Tuesday - 1221 calories
Wednesday - 1389 calories
Thursday - 1247 calories

Total calories consumed - 5246

Now, here's the problem I am having. 3500 calories = 1 pound. My BMR is 1800. That means that netting 1800 calories per day results in a maintain. Anything below should result in a loss. So for the first 4 days of the week I would need to net 7200 calories to maintain. I netted 2886 (5246-2360). So, I came out 4314 less than my maintain area. That would be a loss of 1.233 pounds - right? WRONG!!!!! The.scale.isn't.moving. Actually, it did move on Tuesday - it went up! I was at 182.4-ish on Monday - Tuesday it went up a pound and hasn't moved since. WHAT.THE.HELL? I just don't get it! It is so frustrating to work so hard and be so careful about everything I eat and see nothing - nothing at all. I just want to break through to the 170's. I remember this happened to me at the 192 mark - it seemed like I was there forever and just couldn't reach those 180's. I was really hoping to be down to 175 by vacation on the 23rd but I am not seeing that happening since it is only two weeks away.

Well that is my whining for the day. Hopefully my next post will bring better news!

1 comment:

  1. Just like you said, it happened before at the 192 mark and look where you are now! You are doing an amazing job. Look at where you stareted and where you are now. I know it has to be frustrating, but keep up the good work because it is paying off and try not to get discouraged. You will get to where you want to be, it is just taking a little time. You look VERY good right now and I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete