Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Results

Well, as most of you know, the results of my May plan were devastating - a mere .4 pounds lost in the entire month. I did a lot of thinking about it yesterday and I think I know why this happened. First of all, not weighing myself for a month was not a good idea. I need to weigh and post a minimum of once a week, to keep me on the right track. I need to know where I am and when so I can make any necessary adjustments. Next, my exercising wasn't where it should have been. The first week of May I did a little treadmill - but only averaged about 17 minutes when I did it which isn't good. Second week - not too bad, did aerobics 3 times, but that was it. Third week was terrible and only did aerobics once and the last week I did aerobics twice. Not exactly the exercise needed to burn the calories I want to. My final observation of last month was the "free" days I gave myself. There was too much alcohol consumed - an average of 5 drinks per week I would say. I also had probably 7 days of eating WAY too many calories and the rest of the days were eating the right amount of calories or just a little above. All of these things added together equal failure in the weight loss department.

So, what can I do about it? I HAVE to start tracking every calorie that I put in my mouth rather than just the big meals or guessing. I will start weighing my food more often to be sure my calories are accurate. I am also going to try to stick to places that have calories posted on their website when eating out. I know this isn't completely possible, but I am going to do it as best I can. I was going out to lunch with people from work on Fridays a lot and I have no idea how many calories I was consuming in their food. I am going to stick to Subway because I know what I am getting. I have bought a heart rate monitor that will show me how many calories I am burning during my workouts and it also links to a website that will show me minutes, calories, etc. during the week so I will have a true record of what I am doing workout wise. Each day, I am posting in a spreadsheet how many calories I have consumed as well as how many I have burned from normal activities (I get 1800 a day just for my normal daily activities) plus my workouts. I will subtract my burned calories from the consumed to get a number. The goal is to have a deficit every day - and hopefully a significant one. We are going to Tokyo House tonight so I am trying to keep my calories low during the day and hopefully not end up too terrible at the end of the day. After that, my week will consist of healthy foods including lots of veggies, and I hope to go to aerobics on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday and do 30 day shred on Friday and Sunday. Also - no alcohol this week.

So, we'll see how this goes - it can't get too much worse than May!

Oh - and I have decided that when I get into the 170's - I am going for a 1 hour massage at my spa! That is my treat to myself!

Monday:
100 oz water
Fruit & yogurt parfait
zucchini & onions
1/2 can soup
apple
pretzels
English muffin w/ jelly
Panera Turkey sandwich
Panera broccoli cheddar soup
french baguette
ice cream sundae

1500 calories in
2360 calories out (560 at aerobics)
860 calorie deficit (.2457 pounds)

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I don't think the whole month thing is a good idea. You can only do one day at a time, so trying to make a month of it don't work. You will be going for that massage before long! I just know it. I am so very proud of your accomplishments already though. You are doing a fantastic job. I love you.

    ReplyDelete