Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Almost on track

Just a little update, my weigh in this morning was 180.8, which is 1.6 pounds less than last Thursday. In order to reach my 2.5 lbs per week, I would need to lose .9 pounds by tomorrow. Highly unlikely but I am at least close and will take it. I think I am going to slightly re-vamp my goal anyway. I want to be at or below 172.8 pounds by 7:30 am on September 11 (right before we leave for the airport). That will make it 50 pounds lost. I know it is only really 2.9 pounds more than the original goal, but it seems a little more do-able. So, new average weekly loss (from last Thursday) is just under 2 pounds per week. I am going to put up a new ticker or something on the side to keep track of this smaller goal.

So obviously I have lost weight, and obviously I have gotten smaller, but I don't feel smaller. Sure, I wear smaller clothes and that feels great, but yesterday when I was looking in the full length mirror at work I thought to myself, "I look the same." I thought, back when I was a 16 and almost 18, that if I got to a size 12 I would be happy and that would be a good place to be. Now I am a size 12 - maybe even almost a 10 in some clothes - and it's not much different than a 16. Yes, I love going into a store and buying a size 12, but inside I don't feel any different about my body than I did at 16 - I feel just as heavy and overweight. I guess I thought that I would change and that I would feel completely different when I got into a regular size rather than a plus size but I don't. I am still the same old overweight Jenn and when I look in the mirror, I don't see a difference. What's up with that?

4 comments:

  1. You never usually do "see" the changes yourself, but theyre there. Im sure you remember me telling people I didnt see it, and just like you I didnt seem to "feel" it either.

    You are doing phenomenal though... and whether you feel it or not, everyone around you sees it and knows the hard work youve been doing. It will get better and I (along with all our friends and family) will be there every step of the way to help you feel it too! Of course, I will be there extra to keep you updated on how good you look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been a couple of weeks since I've kept up with your blog, got caught up today. What you and Jason did on that WOW ride was amazing. I'm so proud of both of you. That image of yourself inside of your head will take time and work to change, but it will change. I recently told Aimee I feel thinner, but not thin. From someone whose watching the change from the outside, you look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea why my comment says "Jessica said". I should say "Kathy said". When I have some time, I'll try to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look fantastic. No one can see the change in themselves like other people do. You have just told yourself for YEARS that you are overweight, and it's going to take some time to get that out of your mind. I know you will reach your goal before vacation.

    ReplyDelete