Monday, August 10, 2009

I did it!

I did it - an entire 40 miles! Let me just pat myself on the back for a minute. Okay, done with that. I am actually very shocked at myself really. Going into it I knew I really wanted to do the 40 rather than the 20, but I was scared. That is a very long ride, especially for me, someone who has only ridden a total of about 50 miles over a span of 5 rides and, let's face it, is not exactly the picture of perfect health. I was also scared because, and this will sound silly, I didn't really have anyone telling me that I could do it. I am not sure why I feel that I need that reassurance. If I really wanted to do it, and I thought I could do it, then why isn't that enough? Why does J need to say to me, "yes, you can make it the entire 40 miles"? Why when I hear Molody say to me, "you will never do 40 miles" does that make me second guess myself? To be perfectly honest, if Marc would not have said to me on Friday the he thought I could do the 40 miles, I probably wouldn't have attempted it. Don't get me wrong, when I asked, J said I could probably do it, but I didn't feel that he felt confident in my success so I didn't feel confident in my success. It is sad really, that I needed someone else to confirm my confidence. I guess it is one of those little things that you find out about yourself as you go along your journey. I need to not worry about what other people think I can do and just do what I feel is right.

I do want to thank you mom for your text messages and facebook comments. They really do make me feel good and I appreciate them very much! I love you!

Also, I would like to take this time to congratulate my hubby - he rode 64.5 miles yesterday - in 95 degree weather. That is absolutely unbelievable. I am so proud of you! You made it (even if you never do it again)!

So, onto my 2.5 pound per week goal. So far it isn't looking too good. Today's weigh-in was 182. Only .4 less than last Thursday. That means I need to lose about 2.1 pounds in the next 4 days, not impossible, but not likely either. I am thinking I may loose some water weight today - hopefully. I am going to stay very strict on my food and water intake, and workout every day this week. I am starting my c25k training tonight. If it is raining I will do it on the treadmill then hop on the weight machine for a few minutes. Tomorrow I will do my 30 day shred video and Wednesday is the c25k again.

Plan for the day:
Breakfast:
Yogurt - 100
banana - 100

Lunch:
2 turkey hot dogs - 140
1 bun - 120
zucchini - 25

Dinner:
Mediterranean Chicken and Orzo - 400
vita top - 100

total - 985 - whoa, I guess I better add a little more food! I will throw some veggies in with dinner and when I add in condiments on my hot dogs, that should put me right around 1100 for the day which is good.

1 comment:

  1. My dear, you don't need people to tell you that you can do something. You can do whatever you set your mind to. You have proven that over and over. Still, I am very proud of you for the bike ride. I wasn't worried that you wouldn't make the miles, I was worried about you riding in the heat since you don't really ride that much.

    I am also very proud of Mr. J for going that long of a ride. I don't know how the heck he rode that long in that heat. He did awsome. You both deserve pats on the back, so maybe tonight you can pat each other's back...

    ReplyDelete