Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Finally

For the past few days, Roscoe has been waking me up at 4 am, rather than waiting until 5:20 when my alarm goes off. I am okay with this because he is waking me up because he has to go outside and doesn't want to go in his kennel. I am very happy that I don't have to clean his kennel out and that he is learning to signal us to go out, however not so happy that I get up at 4 am, let him out, head back to bed about 10 minutes later only to lay there for an hour, finally drift off to sleep, only for my alarm to go off 10 minutes after. So last night it hit me. I planned on running after work. I got home, let the dogs out, played a little fetch with Roscoe and J called. He wanted to go to the store. I decided that I didn't feel like cooking dinner, so we decided to head to the store and out for dinner. That meant no running. I couldn't run last night because the music wasn't ready and tonight we are going to observe an obedience class. I was supposed to start my c25k training last week but "something came up" every day and I didn't start it. I was determined to start on week 2 this week. So back to my epiphany. I thought to myself, since I am up at 4 am and don't go back to sleep, why not jump on the treadmill then? I really prefer running after work because it seems to be a little easier when I am not tired, but that just hasn't been happening. So I did it. I went to bed last night with my heart rate monitor and sports bra on, my workout pants, HR watch, socks and shoes on the floor by my bed. When Roscoe woke up at 3:50 this morning I got up, grabbed my stuff, threw my robe on and let him out. Of course, I fought myself on whether or not I really wanted to go into the workout room at that un-Godly hour, but I forced myself to do it. It really wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, I was sweating profusely, and I burned 300 calories in about 26 minutes, but once I got going, it felt good. After I was finished I went outside, stretched, wiped the sweat off and laid back down for another 35 minutes. Of course I didn't actually fall asleep until the alarm was about to go off, but still. I forgot how much I missed working out. I still hate doing it, but I can't deny how good it makes me feel. My last bout with exercise was 17 days ago, at the WOW ride. That is ridiculous! So now I just have to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment