Thursday, August 6, 2009

21 days and counting

21 days - that is how long it has been since my last post. I haven't forgotten, I can't forget because J won't let me. I just haven't had any moving thoughts lately. My weight definitely hasn't moved, other than up and down the same pounds over and over. That is definitely attributed to lots of bad food and even more alcohol the past few weeks. A week after my last post I spent 3 nights in Geneva on the Lake with my family. I had a great time but gained about 5-6 pounds. It did come off quickly -almost all of it in the first week, but then I gained another 3 pounds last weekend when I drank a bottle of wine on Friday and then what would probably equal 2 bottles on Saturday - not so good. I buckled down this week and have gotten most of it off. No alcohol and lots of good eating this weekend for me. Sunday is the WOW ride and I am excited to do it. I am going to ride the first 10, and if I am feeling good, keep on going for another 10. That means I will have 20 miles I have to ride back too, for a total of 40 miles. I know it will take me a while and I am okay with that. I would love to just be able to say that I did it, ya know? Even if I only do the 20, that will be pretty good, but the 40 will be better. August is going to be a tough month for me only because of my birthday. I am going to keep it as good as I can and only have *one* splurge day. The rest of them need to be really good. My goal is to hit the 160's by vacation - which is about 12 pounds in 35 days, or 2.5 pounds per week. I know it is a steep goal, but I really want it. I am going to have to work my ass off - literally!

1 comment:

  1. You don't have much of an ass any more to work off!!! But I know you will do it. And it is about time you post. I've been checking all the time and nothing!!!

    ReplyDelete