Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 4

Day 4 and everything is going GREAT!!! I got up at 4:50 this morning and did about 23 minutes on the treadmill and burned 200 calories. I need to remember to get my mileage at the end so I can calculate my average speed. I did the first 3-4-5-6 set and then did 3-5-6, 3-3-6-6, walked a bit, did another 6-6, walked three minutes then did 30 seconds each at 6-7-8 --yes I did 8 mph!!! I finished off with a couple minutes at 3 just to get me to 200 calories burned. I can't believe I had the courage to hit the 8 button. Now, granted, I only did it for 30 seconds, but that was after doing a minute of 6 and 7 mph. Man was I moving at 8 though. I probably looked like I was running from a vicious dog or something. I have drank 3-20 oz bottles of water so far, and am getting ready to get another after this blog. So far, so good.

This weekend was really a success for both J and me. We both do so well during the week, only to "blow" it on the weekend. Not this weekend though. I had my plan and even though I didn't completely stick to it because things come up and plans get changed, we did very well. I stayed within or below my calories every day, I bought 64 calorie beer and drank two of those rather than two glasses of 200 calorie wine, and I got on the treadmill on Saturday and burned 200 calories in 20 minutes even though I was extremely tired and exhausted and all I wanted to do was take a nap. We tried some new food over the weekend as well, some good and some not-so good. We had hot boneless buffalo wings on Saturday that were pretty tasty and some decent pancakes for breakfast yesterday. Lunch was ehhh okay with a turkey reuban quesadilla. We found fat free chocolate milk that is WONDERFUL - it is called Over the Moon. I made really good blueberry muffins that are only 137 calories each to have for breakfast this week along with some oatmeal concoction that is also delicious and only 179 for a bowl of it. I made 210 calorie pot pie for lunch this week. All kinds of stuff. Sunday was spent chopping, cutting, measuring, cooking and baking - my kind of day! Oh - and I drank lots of water this weekend which is a first for me. And we got our new refrigerator! Dad is coming up tomorrow or Wednesday to hook up our water line so we will have filtered water and ice - finally!

One last thing I want to mention was a realization I had this weekend. And I just want to say, before I start this that I am in no way trying to upset anyone or saying that what happened was wrong or rude or anything like that. This is completely a reflection on myself and what I have noticed about myself and how I have changed. On Saturday, we were helping my sister in law move and I was at her old house with her and my mom in law. I don't know how it came up, but I said something about how skinny mom's legs are. My sister in law said something like, "yeah, doesn't it make you sick how skinny she is?" Again, I am not saying there is anything wrong with what she said. It just got me thinking. A year ago I would have said the same thing. A year ago, I would have made comments on how people who have lost weight make me sick that they look so good, or that I was jealous or whatever. I don't feel that way anymore though. I look at mom and see encouragement, not only from the actual encouragement that she gives me all the time, but also encouragement from her journey. She worked very hard to get to where she is, she made sacrifices and changed her life to make this happen for her. I look up to her for that and I am very proud of her for it. (J is another one that falls into this category). Unless someone has had to do it for themselves, they don't know what it's like and until I got serious about my life change, I didn't know what it was like. Sure, I lost 10 pounds here and there but always gained it right back. And then after I gained it back I complained about being fat again and how skinny people make me sick, all the while I was shoving Taco Bell and Wedgewood pizza in my mouth. It is just such a big attitude change for me. Rather than envy those that look good, I look up to them for all their hard work and dedication to achieve something that they want.

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing is, you've inspired me, too, to exercise more. You're right, the journey you're on now is long and hard. If you slip once in awhile, just keep going because the changes you will make in your life are worth all the hard work. I KNOW you can do this. I'm proud of you and I love you.

    ReplyDelete