Thursday, May 14, 2009

Only 6 days...

Until we go to Cedar Point. I am really looking forward to it, not only for the obvious reasons of fun rides and a day off work, but also as a stepping stone and reward for myself. See, two years ago when I went to Cedar Point I came so close to probably the worst embarrassment of my life. We waited in line for the first seats on the Millennium Force, sat down, and I couldn't get my seat belt to fasten. It wouldn't fit around me. They have a policy that you must fasten your seat belt yourself, and if you can't, then you can't ride. I made it as big as possible and struggled, struggled, struggled until it finally clipped, and it was cutting into me, but it was fastened. I would have been mortified had I not gotten it clipped because I would have had to get up in front of all those people in line and leave the ride, all because I was too fat to ride it. I said then that I wouldn't go back to Cedar Point until I had lost some weight, even just a little, so I wouldn't have to worry about that again. So, now we are going back next Tuesday. I am in a sense rewarding myself for losing weight by going, and having a wonderful day with some of my family. It will also be a stepping stone for me; when I see that I can *hopefully* easily fasten the seat belt and *hopefully* even have some slack. It will be like the day I finally fit into my green dress and it looked great on me, or the day that I took the picture with Starr and there was no double chin. Just one of those great victories that keep me going on the path that will lead me where I want to be.

Anyway, went to aerobics last night - had a blast! We had a different instructor and this lady was crazy! She was so much fun and really got us into it. I was sweating like a pig but didn't feel too bad this time because I noticed others were sweating, even the instructor. I didn't get up this morning to do anything because of the good workout last night and because I am going again tonight and I believe the same instructor will be there. Calories were good yesterday - 1212: blueberry muffin, fruit parfait, chicken wrap, English muffin with jelly, Dirusso's turkey sausage, green bean fries and dessert. I also drank 140 oz of water again.

No comments:

Post a Comment