Thursday, May 21, 2009

Well, yesterday was my Cedar Point trip with my family and we had a great time. It was nice spending a day with them, even though it was unusually hot and the lines were much longer than what I like. They weren't too bad for CP I guess, we waited on average a half hour for each ride, except Maverick which was over an hour and so not worth it in my opinion. J and I even got on the Millennium Force for a second ride before we left and got the front seats - it was awesome. Not only was the ride just as good (or better) the second time around, but feeling I got from sitting in that seat and buckling myself in was great too. This is the ride that I almost didn't fit on two years ago. The one that states that all riders must be able to secure their own lap belts, and if you can't, then you will be humiliated in front of everyone in line by having to get up out of your seat, and walk in shame to the exit, while it is publicly confirmed to everyone standing there that you are too fat. The ride that while standing in line, all I could think about was how worried I was that I wouldn't fit, I was terrified actually. Well that didn't happen to me this year, nor did it come close. I sat down in my seat, expanded the belt as far as I could (like I always do) and buckled it - no problem. Then, I pulled the belt out away from my lap - and there were INCHES (I am talking 4-5 inches) between the belt and me. This is the same belt that just two years ago was digging into my fat, cutting off my circulation. It was such a good feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn! So I just spent about an hour reading your blog and I am so happy for you. I am also trying to lose weight, but not really trying hard enough. I think, after reading your blog, that I will step up my game a little bit. This last blog really struck me because I will not go to Cedar Point because I know I can't ride the rides and I am really ashamed of that. I am going to check out some of the other blogs on your list and wanted to let you know about one that I like....101 Reasons I Hate Being Fat. It is very entertaining! Thanks, Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete