Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Warning: This gets personal and, well, gross

Okay, everything is still going well. I am staying in my calories, sticking to my plan, drinking tons of water and have exercised every day except Sunday. Here is my question - should I check my weight on the 15th of the month just to make sure everything is working properly? That would give me two solid weeks into my plan. I really wanted to wait until the end of the month but I am worried and here is why. I am warning you now, this will get sooooo gross. As you know, I have a problem with, umm, irregularity. It has now been 6 days of nothing. I have been eating between 25-30 grams of fiber each day that comes from fiber one cereal, fruits, vegetables, etc. I have drank a minimum of 100 oz of water per day. I have jogged every day except Sunday and still nothing. When I ate fast food all the time I didn't have this problem, at least not this much time between occurrences. When I asked my doctor about it, she said to lower my fiber (what?) and give it 6 more weeks. Is it just me, or does this seem a little ridiculous? I need to go to the bathroom regularly - period. Do you know how upset and discouraged I will be if I do all this extremely hard work for a month and lose 2-3 pounds??? What is happening with all the food I am putting into my body? You can't tell me that for the last 6 days my body has used it all and I have had no waste. My stomach hurts after almost every meal, I have been taking gas pills basically every day to get rid of the pain, and I constantly feel bloated. At what point do I find someone else to talk to? Who should I see - a nutritionist, a dietitian, a specialty doctor, or should I head back to my old family doctor in Salem? Should I just try an otc laxative? Those scare me because this isn't just a one-time problem, this is something I have had problems with for a while and I don't want my body to require the laxative to do what it is supposed to do naturally.

As you can tell, I am getting a little irritable, probably because of the toxins that are stuck in my body. I am still 100% focused on my plan and I really think it will work, but only if the rest of my body cooperates. So - my question to you is, should I check my weight on the 15th to see how it is going?

1 comment:

  1. Your body won't become addicted to laxatives (try milk of magnesia, it's one of the ones that's easiest on your system) if you just take it occasionally. Take one to get things moving and go see some other doctor who would consider referring you to a gastroenterologist (a doctor who specializes in the digestive system) Love you

    ReplyDelete