Friday, May 1, 2009

May 1 - Day 1

Well, I did it, I got up at 4:50 am and got on the treadmill. I do not know how people do this! I am hoping it will get easier as the days go on. Getting up that early really wasn't the problem. The problem was getting my body moving that quickly that early. I didn't follow my treadmill plan exactly, because after the 2nd - yes only the 2nd - rep I thought I was going to die. Okay, so maybe not die but definitely throw up. Here's how it went - minute 1 at 3 mph, fine, no biggie, like walking to the car. Minute two at 4 mph - not bad, but I felt like one of those old people at the mall speed walking. Minute 3 at 5 mph - that is better, I think it may be easier to jog slowly than to walk quickly. Minute 4 at 6 mph - gettin out of breath but not too bad. Ahh, minute 5 at 3 mph - much better - then oh God, here comes 4 mph - get through it and on to minute 7 at 5 mph, about half way though I didn't know if I would make it. Then minute 8 at 6 mph - I really had to push on this one and when minute 9 came I hit that 3mph faster than I thought I could. I actually had to get off the treadmill for a minute and just sit. I did get right back on though and walked at 3 mph for about 10 minutes before doing another rep of 4 minutes. I was dripping with sweat like I have never dripped before. It was actually running down my face. I went outside and stretched while the dogs did their thing. The cool air felt so good. Then, I wanted to go back to bed - so I got in the shower. So, that is may day so far. I have gotten 2 bottles of water in which isn't bad because it isn't even 8 am yet. I am really hungry, I am assuming because of the workout, so I think I will eat my banana at 8 rather than 8:30. The rest of my day looks like this:

8(30) - 16 oz water and banana
10 - 16 oz water and yogurt
12 - water and salad
3 - 16 oz water and kiwi
4:30 - 16 oz water
6 - water and dinner - if we go to Chili's I will have the carne asada steak, seasoned veggies and broccoli cheddar soup - YUMMY!

Total calories - 1076

No comments:

Post a Comment