Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Plan

I have come up with a new plan for May. I am going to try it out and see how it works. On paper, it is great and would no doubt end with wonderful results, but let's see how well I can stick to it. As with any plan, it isn't completely fool-proof and I am sure there will be quite a few days I will stray from the plan and you will see why. My goal is to not give up after those days though - to get right back on track, which is the most important thing. So what is this plan? I am glad you asked.

My May plan is a three parter. Part I is exercise. My biggest downfall lately has been exercise. I did so well for all of about two weeks and then I got sick so I skipped a week and then last week there was "something" to do every day after work so I didn't workout then either. This week I am sick again so nothing yet again. This has to stop. I HAVE to make time to workout or I will never look or feel the way I want to. So, as far as working out, my plan is this: get up EVERY morning early enough (4:50 am on work days) to do 32 minutes on the treadmill with stretching after. Why 32 minutes? Well I am going to walk/jog/run at 3,4 5 and 6 mph for one minute each for a total of 8 reps, thus 32 minutes. Hopefully by the end of the month I might even be able to bump that up a bit, or jog/run a little more, but for now, this is where I will start. I am going to get a wall clock with a second hand on it and hang it right in front of the treadmill so I am not staring down at the clock on the treadmill, for some reason, I am more motivated when looking straight forward - I feel stronger. I am sure it is something in my head, but if it works... The second part of my workout plan is to do either weight machine/free weights/crunches in the evening before dinner, or do aerobics. I think I mentioned before that my sis and I are starting aerobics on May 11. I want to do that a minimum of 2-3 days per week with the other days being filled in by weight training. I figure the weight training won't interfere too much with my evenings because it isn't something I need to change for and I can even do it before dinners on Friday's because I don't get all sweaty doing it.

Part II of my May plan has to do with what I am eating. This week I have been totally lazy with my food, not getting my veggies or fruits in and eating WAY too much pasta (we had lots of leftovers from Saturday and it was too good to throw away). I also have not journaled any of my food. As most of us previous weight loss people know, that is very important. There is something about writing down all of you food and actually seeing the calories that help keep us on track. My plan for May is to plan. I will plan EVERYTHING I am eating for the day, a week at a time - rather than just planning dinners like we usually do. Weekdays are pretty easy since I am at work and am limited to what I can have, I just need to make sure the meals are balanced. I am going to write down the times to eat everything as well as when I need to drink water. It will be a time line of sorts and as I complete each one, I will check it off. I am such a list maker and for me, I feel like I have accomplished something by checking things off so maybe this will help me. Weekends will be tough because you never know what will happen. I will make my plan for the day, but I know that it might change. The most important things for me on weekends will be to drink my water and not go hog-wild on calories.

Part III just might be my biggest obstacle. I will not weigh myself for a month. Right now I am weighing myself every day and when I see no change or a change of .2, I get a little upset. When I see +2 or 3 lbs I get depressed and then I don't care, I went up anyway so why not eat what I want, right? WRONG!!! I need to quit obsessing. Maybe if I don't weigh myself for a month and then I see 8 or 10 lbs gone (keeping my fingers crossed) it will feel like much more of an accomplishment rather than seeing .2 lbs. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning, before I get on the treadmill and then I am having J hide it from me so there is no temptation. I will post it on my ticker (spoiler alert - it will be higher than where it is now!) and then I won't update again until June 1st.

So there's my plan for the month. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment