Thursday, April 9, 2009

Almost Forgot

I almost forgot to blog today! I have actually been pretty busy at work today with two payrolls and auditors. It wasn't until the email for mom's comment came through that I even thought about this thing. Anyway, yesterday was yet another good day which consisted of: yogurt, banana, protein water, turkey sandwich, strawberries and whipped cream, veggies, 2.4 oz steak, roasted red potatoes, zucchini and a strawberry/banana short cake. All that food and it was only 1117 calories!!! I ran/jogged for a while and did my crunches but no arm workout because my lil sis came over mid-workout and she is much more important :)

I am going to take a second and toot my own horn, because this is my blog and I can. I was so proud of myself this morning. Every day this week I have set my alarm for 5 am in hopes that I would get up and workout a bit before work. Of course, I never did it - until this morning that is. I knew that I would be heading straight down to Salem tonight after work to meet my bff for some yummy, but not so healthy, Mexican food so there would be no workout after work like I usually do. When my alarm went off at 5 am, I realized I now have a sore throat - thanks to my husband for sharing his with me. Guess what? Even though it was 5 am and I did not want to get out of bed, even though I could hardly swallow, I got up, got dressed and got on the treadmill. I didn't jog as much as I would have liked, but I did it. I think I need more than a 12 hour break between my jogging because my right hip hurt really bad as soon as I increased the speed to start jogging. It was sore (not muscle sore but joint sore) all morning but feels better now. So yeah, I am proud of myself.

Okay, enough self-horn tooting. I am really looking forward to this 3 day weekend. I have a lot of plans for tomorrow already, I just hope I can get them all done. I will try to log on tomorrow to give a quick update, but if I don't, have a great Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment