Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Hump Day

Well yesterday was another very good day. I had: protein water, yogurt, watermelon, delicious chicken sausage on a bun, string cheese, chicken with a stuffing topping, zucchini-broccoli-cauliflower and then a mint ice cream sandwich - yummy! My calories came in at 1103 for the day. I got on the treadmill and did the following: 1 min @ 3mph, 1 min @ 5mph, 1 min @ 6mph, 1 min @ 5mph, 2 mins @ 5mph, 2 mins @ 3 mph for a total of 10 minutes - 5 of which were jogging. I will increase a bit of the jogging tonight. I did 55 crunches and a lot on my arms - all of which I will increase again tonight. I can't describe how great it feels to eat right. J and I were talking last night about it and I love that I feel sick after eating crap - like at the IX Center. That tells me that my body really does want and crave the good stuff, the fruits, veggies and lean meats. When I fill it with grease and sugar it gets mad and definitely lets me know. By no means am I saying that I will never eat greasy or sugary stuff again, I fully intend on having Wedgewood when I hit the 190 mark and I know already I will be sick after I eat it, but Wedgewood is ohhhh so worth it! Other than those occasional times, I fully intend to eat healthy because I love how it makes me feel, I love that after I eat I don't feel sick and I don't just want to sit on the couch, I actually get up and do stuff after eating. I just don't know why I never realized this before. It's not for a lack of education or knowledge - I have read all of this for years and it is pretty much common sense - it just never really sunk in I guess. It has now.

On another note - I am going back to school. Yes, you read that right, I am going back to school for what, the 4th time now? I put my application in the mail this morning so now there is no backing out. I debated for a while if I really wanted to do this or not, it is going to be so much work and not as easy as getting my bachelor's. I figured if I am going to do it, I better do it now. I am fortunate enough to work for a company that gives 100% tuition reimbursement so I will be getting my Master's degree for free - that's a $30,000 value folks. I would be stupid not to do it. It is a two year track, but I am going to do my darnedest to get it done in a year. Am I a gluten for punishment or what? Poor J, just when he thought it was all over...

1 comment:

  1. I am sure "poor J" understands completely and will do whatever he can to help. I am very happy, in one way that you are going back. I know if you don't, you will really regreat it later. Boy, I don't know how I ever raised such a smart child. Anyway, on the other hand I am being selfish here, is that I won't get to talk to you as much, but as you said, it will be worth it in the end. Now just think, as smart as you are, and all the weight that you are loosing, you are accomplishing all your goals at once...I am so proud of you for all your accomplishments. Now if you would just sometime give me a grandchld...all of my dreams for you will be done. I love you sooooooo much.

    ReplyDelete