Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's going to work this time

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday because I was up at 6 am with J (I know, how pathetic that I don't even sleep in on my day off). I did some things around the house, left around 9 to do a lot of errands and shopping, got home around 2, put the groceries away and took a little nap until 4 when J got home. The sinus meds that I am taking are wiping me out. I was a little upset yesterday when I got on the scale - it was up .8 lbs to 195. However, it made sense because for lunch I had a grilled chicken sandwich that had not just one but two pieces of cheese along with a cup of potato soup - not too bad but more than what I had been eating for lunches. Then when I was at mom's house I stole a mini Reese's cup from Kat's basket (hey - mom took one from Starr's too) and then dad had me try his sugar free cookies, I had a bite of potatoes and a bite of ham, so probably 150 calories there. Then out to Jalisco's with Marcy, had about 1/4 of my chicken from the chicken fajita with 1/2 of the rice and all of the pico, lettuce and sour cream. I had a few chips with guac and a big ole' margarita. Could have been worse, normally I would have eaten 1/2 of the chips with cheese sauce and all three of the tortillas with the fajita. So no surprise really that the scale was up. Now this morning was a bit different. It was down to 194. That is great, even though the past two days only netted a .2 loss, for me it was good to come right back down because previously when I had a gain, it was taking me 4 days or so to get it back off.


Yesterday was a great day for me. We started off by making these absolutely delicious breakfast sandwiches which were made with 1 egg white, 1 piece cheddar cheese, 1 slice cajun turkey, a little of Mr. Molody's hot mustard and these really good multi grain flat bun things we found. I was really surprised at how good these things were. The really good thing about yesterday was that I realized that this time it is going to work, this time I will actually get the weight off and that my healthy eating will stick with me forever. Again, I am not saying by any means that I am never eating chocolate, pizza, fried stuff, etc for the rest of my life. That is definitely not the case. I am saying that for the majority of the time I will be making smarter choices because I want to, not because I have to. This hit me yesterday at lunch. J called me to see if I wanted to join him and some friends for lunch at Bullfrogs. I asked him to see what soups they had and if there was a good soup then I would go and get soup and salad. I really have to watch my lunches because at 1000-1200 calories a day, I don't have much to work with. All they had was wedding, chili, clam chowder and something else I don't really like so I passed. I was deciding where to go, I didn't want an actual sit down restaurant because I was alone so I decided on Chik-fil-a. I looked up their menu before I got there and found that I could get a chicken salad and fruit. When I got there, I ordered - no problems, no thoughts of ordering anything else, not even a discussion with myself about how I could skip the fruit and get a small order of chicken nuggets instead. Nope, I ordered the food without any arguments with myself. I took my food back to my table and ate it.




It was while I was sitting there eating and looking around that I realized what had happened. I realized that it was very easy for me to choose this food and I also realized how truly good everything was. I didn't even miss the nuggets dipped in honey or the waffle fries. And, best of all, I didn't feel sick after finishing. I didn't feel like I needed to go lay down, I actually felt good (other than the sore throat thing).

Anyway, for dinner we had yummy honey chicken with rice and chicken egg rolls that were surprisingly good for only 90 calories each. Today will be a day of good food as well, we have planned: breakfast sandwich, asiago spinach chicken sausages and parmesan crusted tilapia (yes, you read right, I am going to try it) with capellini pomodoro. That is all I have for now. Time to hit the shower and head to the doctors to get a script. Till Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment