Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Tuesday

This is just a quick update for my Monday. I had a great day yesterday all around. I had: yogurt, fiber bar, cantaloupe, watermelon, 1 slice cheese wrapped in 2 slices deli chicken breast with Jeff's hot mustard, an orange, a cheese stick, a wonderfully delicious mozzarella and roasted garlic chicken sausage (from Sam's club - I HIGHLY recommend), roasted zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower, and then a banana "shortcake" to finish the day off. My calories came in at 1040 which was perfect after a day of eating like I did at the IX Center! I got on the treadmill, even though it was only for 10 minutes. I really pushed myself though and walked a total of only 4 minutes at 3 mph, the rest was jogging at 5-6 mph. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I am NOT a jogger, and I never have been. I am going to change that though, by adding 15-30 seconds to each jog every day. Before you know it, I should be able to jog a mile! I just don't know how these people can run 5 miles at a time with no problem. I don't think I will ever be able to do that - but who knows!!! I also did 45 crunches which I thought was going to kill me - well maybe not, but I did think my stomach was going to cramp up so much I couldn't move. You can tell I don't use my stomach muscles for much. I will be increasing my crunches by 4 every day. I did some work on my arms too, which I will be slowly increasing every day. I don't expect to be able to run 10 miles, do 300 crunches and lift 100 pounds any time soon, but I think if I do these small increases every day, it won't seem so bad to me, and maybe I won't get discouraged. On a positive note, the scale is down to 195.0 today, so let's see if I can keep it going in that direction all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment