Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bad Day

I am having a terrible day today. I woke up late to start things off. I hate doing that because then I have to rush and I don't want to be rushed. I got on the scale and what do I see - 200.0 - what the hell???? How could I have POSSIBLY gained all of the weight back that I just lost? I have done so well, 1200-1300 calories per day, exercised every day, drank 6+ bottles of water - how can I GAIN weight?!?!?!?!? While I was getting my breakfast/lunch together I found that we had no fiber bars left and nothing to really replace it - no fruit or anything - and since I got up late there was no time to stop anywhere. So I got a piece of flat bread for breakfast - yum. As I was reaching for my shoes, I hit my thumb on the bench and broke my nail almost half way down - SOB that hurts! I get to work and put a smile on my face and tell myself that I am going to turn this day around and make it a good one, only to find out a half an hour later that they are doing massive terminations here at work and one of my employee's was on the chopping block. Great freakin day.

Anyway, I stuck to my resolutions yesterday and for exercise I went to the pound for an hour and a half and walked dogs. It was really nice. These poor pups only get to leave their cages once or twice a day at the most and they have the biggest hearts I have ever seen. This one little guy was so incredibly scared. He cowered in the back of his cage and I had to literally drag him out. Once out, he wouldn't walk on the leash at all, he just cowered on the ground with his tail tucked under. I carried him outside and set him on the grass. After I pet him for a while he curled up next to me so I could protect him. When I finally put him back in his cage he just looked at me with his beautiful eyes. I felt so bad having to put him back in, I really hope someone adopts him, he would make a wonderful pet.

Anyway, back to the weight loss, or lack there of. I am going to keep at it. I have discovered some things that I am going to try next week to see if maybe I can turn this around. I am going to cut out the frozen meals at lunch and go for fresh stuff and I am going to incorporate some fruits in my day because I don't think I am getting enough - well I am not getting any at all. If nothing is lost by the end of next week I think I will have to see a nutritionist. There must be something I am doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment