Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 1: Success

My first day of resolutions is over and here is how I did:

1. 5 bottles of water - I actually had almost 7 yesterday total, I think I spent half of my day walking to the restroom (does that count as exercise?) - check

2. no alcohol - didn't have any yesterday, but that is not unusual for a Monday, I usually don't drink until the weekend. - check

3. 3 sources of fiber - I had my fiber one yogurt and fiber bar yesterday morning and my psyllium husks last night before I went to bed - check

4. no fast food - nope, no fast food yesterday - check

So, I met my goals for yesterday, one day down - six to go! They definitely paid off because this morning I was down to 198.6, which I realize is water weight and not fat, but hey-I'll take it. I got on the much neglected treadmill last night for 20 minutes and then J and I cleaned out the spare room and brought it upstairs, to hopefully motivate both of us to exercise a little more. Mom and Dad are giving us a home gym set that we hope will fit in the room. It will be nice to get some strength training along with cardio.

I had this dream last night, well it was probably this morning actually. J always laughs because I have such vivid and realistic dreams and this one was no different. I was on my way to work this morning and was really craving a sausage mcmuffin with egg for breakfast. As I was driving, "Good Jenn" and "Bad Jenn" (just like in the cartoons where you have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other) were arguing back and forth as I was trying to decide whether or not to stop at Micky D's (this actually does happen in my head in real life-sad, I know). Anyway, Good Jenn says "no, you don't need the sandwich, if you eat it you will regret it, you will feel sick after you eat it, you have a perfectly good yogurt and fiber bar, etc" while Bad Jenn argued with the same line over and over, "But it will taste SOOOOO good!" So I decided to do what I do often in this type of situation - I went to McDonalds but decided to try to make the sandwich a little healthier - I got a "chicken mcmuffin with egg." Now obviously there is no such thing but in my dream there was. It was a grilled chicken breast on the english muffin with cheese and egg - it was disgusting. I didn't like it, but you know what? I ate it anyway. After I got to work and the sandwich was long gone, I got on the nutrition website for McDonalds and found that the chicken mcmuffin with egg was only 100 calories and 3 g of fat less than the sausage. After reading that I felt even worse than I did after eating the disgusting sandwich because I could have had what I really wanted and it would have not been too much worse, or better yet I could have eaten what I brought to work and felt great and saved 300 calories.

What does this dream mean? I am not sure. It just made me laugh because it was so real and my thoughts and actions were so what I would do in real life. I do need to figure out how to get rid of Bad Jenn. She is really bringing me down.

Anyway - 2 bottles of water and a fiber yogurt down for the day, and it's only 8:30. I am going to have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great. I know you will stick with it. You are such a strong person, much stronger than I am. That "bad Jenn" will soon go away because of your strength, and remember prayer always helps. I love you.

    ReplyDelete