Monday, March 9, 2009

Here I am

I decided this morning that I need to blog. I need to write down my feelings and struggles through this journey of weight loss. I have been following Lyn's journey at http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/ for some time now. I spent hours getting caught up on her past two years and the struggles she has overcome and the struggles she is still dealing with. By reading her blog everyday, I realized that I am much like her (minus the children) and it seems like writing down your feelings might help. Let's see...


I am tired of being fat - I am over it completely. I want to feel better, I want to not breathe heavy after a flight of stairs, I want to fit comfortably in the seat of the Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. There are so many things that I want, and I can have, just by losing weight. On the top of my list though, I want to be healthy. My grandma has diabetes and I don't want to have it too. I want to be able to live a very healthy and long life with my husband. I want us to be active when we grow old, not sitting in front of the TV all day, waiting to die.


My number one goal for this blog is honesty. I have been lying to myself and my husband for a while now. Well, I don't actually completely lie to him, but I am not completely honest with him either. For example, I didn't mention to him that two days last week I had both Arby's and Taco Bell for lunch. I didn't actually lie to him, I just didn't bring it up either. Why? I don't know. I know that he would just give me positive encouragement like he always does. He is wonderful like that and he doesn't ever give up on me. I know that by eating like that I am only hurting myself and I don't know why I do it. Through this blog I will be completely honest, even on bad days. That is one thing for which I really respect Lyn. Even when she has went totally off course and has to report gains, she is honest. I must stop lying to myself.

What I am going to do - honestly. I will be doing weekly resolutions. A lot of people do New Year's resolutions but why do they have to start at the new year? How many people can actually keep one resolution (especially weight loss) going for an entire year? What happens is in February you fall off the wagon. Oh well, there's always next year. By doing weekly resolutions I hope to keep them going longer. If I happen to fall off on Saturday, I will be starting again on Monday. I think it will help me because the reward of success will come much more quickly making me feel better about myself. I am also going to report daily on my food, exercise and weight. I am not going to necessarily list the food everyday, I may for a while just to help myself, but I will at least report my honest to God's calories - NO LYING!!!!

Anyway, I think that is all for now. Hopefully as time goes on, not only will I lose weight, but hopefully I will also become a better writer. Two birds, one stone. Let's hope.

2 comments:

  1. I know you can do whatever you set your mind too. I will help in any way I can. Just tell me what to do. I love you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as your husband, I dont consider it that you were lying to me. Your lunch never came up, no more than days Ive gone over my calories sometimes have come up. The only person you have to answer to, is yourself baby... no one else, not even me.

    Everyone, EVERYONE falls off the wagon sometimes... the point is to be strong, not to lose focus, dust yourself off and get right back on an even stronger person! If you werent already someone that strong, you wouldnt have still kept off what youve lost already! I know you will do this, and I will be here each and every time, to help dust you off and help you anywhere you need to go!

    ReplyDelete