Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Recipes

Well day two was half of a success. I did keep to all of my weekly resolutions - almost 7 bottles of water again, no alcy-hol, all three sources of fiber (I think it might be working!) and no fast food. The non-successful half was that I weighed myself this morning and the scale was 198.8!!! Up .2 from yesterday. I am not going to get upset yet, I did drop almost 2 lbs in one day so I am sure this is just a slight fluctuation. Yes, that is it. I did great with my calories yesterday, coming in at 1230 and doing 30 minutes on the treadmill. I am keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow's number will be slightly lower than today.

I have been working all morning on getting new recipes for J and I to try. Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE cooking and trying new recipes is what keeps it fun. I am working to get some veggies mixed in there and I even accomplished something I didn't think I would - J ate zucchini twice and he actually liked it! I found a TON of recipes that look so good on wineloverscookingdiary. As I am getting calorie information, I am finding many of these will be too high for us, but there are quite a few we can do and they sound delish. This also has me thinking of new things I can do and ways to re-vamp our old dishes to keep things interesting. We should have new food to try everyday for about a month! I am printing them on index cards so they are all uniform and easy to get to. I have so many healthy cooking cookbooks, but then you have to look through them all each week. If I can get them all cataloged on index cards, I think this will help. I know, it is such an old-fashioned way to do it but I did an access database file that is great, however I have to break out the computer every time I want to get recipes. Hopefully this will work out for me and keep us from having the same things week after week.

Another thing I am going to try next week is kale. My mom-in-law told me that she roasted hers and it was really good so I will be buying some of that during my shopping trip this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Another great day. It's not the big steps that count as much as the little victories that add up every day. I'm proud of you. Be proud of yourself. Love you

    ReplyDelete