Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fat Suit

You know, I can't believe I can get around as well as I do. I can't believe that my body hasn't completely given out on my yet, my knees buckling when I walk and ankles swollen over my shoes. I am carrying an extra 50 (and at one point 70) pounds at the very minimum on my poor legs. I can't imagine how someone like my sister would feel if she had to put on a "fat suit" that weighed 65 to 85 pounds. Let's say she has to wear this fat suit 24 hours a day, up and down steps, sitting and standing, etc. I wonder how she would do? My guess is she would be absolutely exhausted at the end of the day, her legs would ache and she probably wouldn't want to get out of bed the next morning because she knew she would have to go through it all again. It makes me wonder how my body really feels. I am used to the weight and I have gained it gradually so I am sure it definitely isn't as bad as it would be for her to just put 65 pounds on one day but how is my body going to feel when I am (notice I said when) 20, 30 even 50 pounds lighter? I can't wait to feel the difference.

I completely forgot to do my resolutions yesterday. I am going to keep my resolutions similar to last week's and only change a couple things:

1. At least 5 bottles of water a day
2. no alcohol
3. no fast food
4. no frozen meals
5. fresh fruit daily

Yesterday was a good day - I had:

breakfast: smoothie with fiber one yogurt, banana, 1/4 c skim milk and ice, fiber now bar
lunch: 3/4 c broccoli cheddar soup, apple
snack: light string cheese
dinner: Dirusso's turkey sausage, kale, zucchini, green beans
dessert: strawberry shortcake

Total calories: 1255

Weight today: 198.6

No comments:

Post a Comment